Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chickeny Goodness!

We eat a lot of chicken, and during this time of year it's handy to just have some chunks of cooked chicken in the fridge, a container of cooked pasta of whatever shape also in the fridge, and then I can quickly throw together a quick dish with whatever I've got coming out of the garden - hot or cold, it's always tasty!

There was the night I made pesto for the first time this year, plus I grilled up some pounded/seasoned chicken breasts, and boiled some pasta. Just as all the parts were done, they got stirred together, and for my serving I tossed in some tomato chunks. My pesto often turns dark and ugly when I add it to stuff - I'm not sure if it's because I add it to a warm dish, or if it's because it's oxygenating (something pesto's known for doing anyhow). I believe you can add lemon juice or Vitamin C to it - so I should give one of those a try.


And then there was the day I mixed up a batch of cucumber and tomato chunks with some oil and lemon juice. That was good on it's own, and really tasty when tossed together with, you got it, chicken and tomatoes...plus a little dab of pesto and some freshly snipped parsley and basil.


I don't just cook chicken breasts.... Here's a more recent picture, but I'm not ready to type up the full story. Let's just say it's a chicken I either killed or beheaded, and it was taaaasty!

1 comment:

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

ROFL ROFL ROFL. I love the scary Jeph chicken picture. Hilarious!