Monday, August 31, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays...

A couple weeks ago we got hit with a really STRONG storm. I was working from home when I noticed the skies were darkening...then the IMs started coming in from friends at work in Kent - "Wow, it's getting windy" and "the rain is REALLY starting to come down." I was worried about the strong winds and our gazebo, which we hadn't yet bolted down to the deck....so I shut down the laptop as I looked outside, and the gusts were really starting. I didn't even have time to untie/retie my shoes to put them on - I just slipped them on as fast as I could and went out to start unhooking as much of the gazebo tarp as I could. The winds were picking up so much that it was rattling around, and I was really worried it would bang into the sliding patio doors and break them. A gazebo we could replace - yes. But I don't want to deal with a broken back door!


I actually had to stand on the framework of the gazebo to weigh it down as I undid all the little velcro tabs. That's when the lightning and thunder started getting REALLY close. I could see the lightning, and knew standing on a big gazebo-shaped-lightning-rod wasn't the smartest thing....but I needed to get the giant "wind sail" loosened up....

I finally unhooked all of the velcro around the edge so it could barely catch the wind just as the rain started. The thunder was getting louder, the lightning was all around, and I ran inside, wet. Doogie and Tucker were looking quite nervous by that time - I had to assure them things were ok, and nothing would happen to them. The power flickered a few times, the AC unit started making loud noises (I think just because it was getting messed up with all the offs and ons - it's fine now).

For some strange reason, Doogie felt he HAD to go to the bathroom - he was whining a bunch, even though I tried to point out how much rain was coming down. I finally caved in, let him out, and, well....


Now does that look like a happy dog? Really - it was his idea!!! I don't think he even went - he just stood out there a few minutes, decided it wasn't happening, and came back in to get wiped down.


What a cute face!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a pitiful looking dog! He looks so unloved and uncared for!