Friday, January 29, 2010

Coming this summer!

It looks like things could get really interesting this summer...


Mary sold veggies to a couple people out of her garden all summer long last year. She and a couple other ladies (eh hm Tina!) bugged me to join forces with Mary, and take on more customers.

So this summer? Mary and I will have somewhere between 6 and 12 customers on a subscription basis, getting weekly bundles of food from us. That number of customers depends on whether the people are getting full or half shares.

That teaser above is just a bit of the brochure I've been working on with all the details, although it's already changed since I took that screenshot.

It's exciting that I'll get to help other people try veggies that maybe they've never worked with before. I'm guessing many have never cooked kale, swiss chard, leeks or tomatillos - all things that I hope to have enough of to include in the shares. There may be some veggies where there's just not enough of a particular type to include for six others, so they'll just be for me and Brett! But by taking money from these people, I'm guaranteeing them that, between me and Mary, we WILL provide them with a good sized amount of food each and every week from early June to mid October.

This should prove to be a very interesting summer!

2 comments:

Tina said...

The brochure is looking beautiful Jeph. I am so excited!

FinnyKnits said...

That is going to be awesome!

And the share choices sound a lot like our CSA - so I'm sure it will be a success.

Though, we always want for more onions and potatoes.

And, of course, less chard. BASTARD CHARD.