Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thanks to Peter and Conrad!

Still catching up with the thank-yous for birthday fun! This time, I'm spotlighting the kick-ass package I got from Peter & Conrad... Peter always sends exciting boxes! (Not to mention uses me to clear out his stash of recycled bags apparently! LOL)


Check out all that loot. He knew I'd been having a hard time tracking down dried currants so I could try them in a scone recipe he's always making, so those were included with some other dried fruits. There's also chocolates, crisps, a book that looks like it'll be a very interesting read, and....check out that tin in the upper right corner!


The tin is where it's at. When Peter sends a tin of home baked goods, it's like Christmas morning! Who knows what you'll find inside!?!? Whatever it is, it's gonna be good! This time the top layer consisted of some unusually-thin chocolate chocolate chip cookies that were so good and chewy-crisp, loaded which chunky chocolate chips. They didn't look like much at first, but boy oh boy did they taste good!!!


And on the bottom layer? Jackpot! Peter knows how much I love his (actually his mom's recipe) ginger cookies. These are my favorites!!! They've got a great chew to them, and a terrific ginger flavor.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that this entire tin of cookies was polished off in under three days. So, um, Peter? Thanks for the birthday pounds! ;-) AND for all the good stuff!!

5 comments:

Peter said...

Under three days? Awww... more reason why I totally love and adore you.

:-)

FinnyKnits said...

Peter - can we be friends? That is the nicest birthday delivery ever. You're such a sweet friend.

Happy Birthday, Jeph! You have a year to work off your birthday pounds before Peter will make sure you put them back on :)

Peter said...

Awww... thanks! I hope to have more cookies off to Jeph again in April.

:-)

Jeph said...

BACK OFF FINNY! He's mine! ALL MINE!!!

Peter said...

Well, yours and Conrad's...