Friday, August 09, 2013

Heart attack on a plate

Last weekend's breakfast (more like early lunch) before I went out mowing and doing yard work all day:


Hey, I consider that farmer work, and farmers eat huge, hearty meals to ensure they're well nourished before being out in the field all day, right?

I gotta say, this was a YUMMY breakfast.  Minor issue - ran out of all purpose flour and had a cheat with a little whole wheat with the biscuits - not much, and it didn't harm them in any way.

Here's the recipe for the sausage gravy and biscuits - YUMMO!

The eggs?  SUPER good, SUPER light, and SUPER fluffy - I blame that on the heavy cream I used in them instead of standard issue milk.

And the hashbrowns?  We've learned I have a really hard time getting hashbrowns right.  Even if I buy the frozen shredded ones that don't require trying to squeeze every ounce of water out of them, I still booger them up half the time.  Too much flipping?  Too long in the skillet?  Who knows.  But what I DO know is I can treat frozen tater tots like hashbrowns and they turn out GREAT!  Throw 'em in the skillet with a little oil, get 'em nice and brown, flip, brown a bit more and then bust 'em up!  Voila!

And for what it's worth - breakfast wasn't 100% lethal.  I also had a plum with this.  ;-)

Great, now I'm hungry for another hearty breakfast meal...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Quick. . . grab the Lipitor. But it does look good!