Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I feel like chicken tonite

Michael's in town for work for two nites, and I'd planned on roasting a chicken sometime this week - sounded like a good combination for company dinner!
Only I goofed - I didn't get the chicken in the oven early enough after getting home from work and taking care of cat-errands, etc, and Brett and Michael had plans to go see the 7:45 showing of Borat. So at 7:10 they opted to head out and grab some Taco Bell, leaving me here with a chicken stuffed with a lemon, a whole head of garlic, and some rosemary, parsley and sage picked from the remains in the back yard. This was rested on top of carrots, onions and homegrown Russian fingerling potatoes (that's all we've got left from the garden at this point!).

Around 7:20 (so they just missed it) the thermometer went off and I pulled the chicken out of the oven to let it rest. I should've picked the crispy skin off first - it steamed itself a bit soggy, but still tasted good (as you can see in the pictures below, which I didn't think to take until AFTER I started cutting at the bird).

Mmmmm....definitely a good, if somewhat greasy dinner. If they're hungry when they get back from the movie, there's still plenty for a late nite supper.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Peter said...

Mmmmm, crispy skin!

Looks good Jeph. Our chicken breasts here turned out reasonably - dried mushrooms can be fun to work with.

the ginger tabby said...

Oooh...yum, yum!!