Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Boyfriend!

Yay! Brett's turning 32! (Actually, his birthday was YESTERDAY - just been too busy post anything in advance!)

Brett's SO hard to shop for most of the time 'cause there's nothing he wants. Then something shows up on the horizon, and it's usually either the latest version of a video game (probably a Zelda or Metroid Prime game), OR a cool new gaming system (Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii), OR, lately, something iPoddish.

When I found out the new iPod Touch was coming out the day before Brett's 32nd birthday, and after all the drooling he's been doing while watching Steve Jobs' keynote speeches, ads, etc, I figured, alright, I'll get him this, but it's tapping into his Christmas gift fund! For one thing, I wasn't just gonna get him the 8MB version if there's a 16MB - he'll need more space for videos! His audio podcasts don't eat up much space, but now he'll get to enjoy VIDEO podcasts, movies, tv shows, etc on his new toy!



I think you can tell from these pictures that he was a little bit happy with his new toy. I snuck up to the Apple Store Wednesday midday, and Brett had no clue I did anything but come straight home after work!! It was so hard not to let him know what new toy was waiting for him!


The new iPod Touch got wrapped up in newspaper, along with some other goofy stuff (boxes of au gratin instant potatoes, cookies, candy bars), and then put all those in a bigger box, which I also wrapped. So when he opened the box, he seemd mildly amused but appreciative of the goofy stuff (luckily, by random chance he grabbed the iPod AFTER most of the other stuff - I wasn't giving him any "open this first" guidance... I just kept saying "sorry, I couldn't come up with anything cool or fun for you..." Heh heh!)


He's had it in hand for a good chunk of the time since opening it, just putting it down to eat, go to the bathroom, and do errands/chores... And, yes, that's Britney he's TOUCHing - maybe he thinks she still has a chance at reviving her career!? (He's getting senile in his old age!)

I also secretly invited the guys over for birthday dinner last nite...while Larry had to work, Jay, Dave and Randy were able to join us (plus Jay and Randy hadn't seen the new house yet!). Brett was totally surprised... I'll post those pictures tomorrow nite - there's quite a few fun ones!

4 comments:

Peter said...

Re: boxes of au gratin instant potatoes.

Pleaseohpleaseohplease do NOT blog photos of whatever results from those boxes. Please.

:-P

Happy birthday again to Brett! You treated him very well, it sounds like.

the ginger tabby said...

Nice birthday gift ideas, Jeph. Creative.

Jeph said...

ROFL Ok Peter, I won't.

Isn't he cute in those pics!?

Peter said...

You darn well know he is!