Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cinnamon pear glazed pork

Dinner the other night...




I've had a jar of cinnamon pear jelly sitting in the pantry for waaaaaaaaay too long - something I picked up from A Perfect Pear at the Fabulous Food show oh...I'm thinking two years ago?  When I sampled it at the food show I commented on how it "tasted like fall" - this stuff is GREAT!  Smells so good when you open the jar.  So why haven't I used it before now?

Anyhow, I was stumped on what to make for dinner.  I knew I had a pork tenderloin thawed in the fridge, and ended out getting inspired by Peter's recent pork tenderloin dinner - a roasted pork tenderloing (I've always grilled or sauteed it).  Skimming around on the web I found I could brown the outside of the tenderloin in butter for five minutes in a hot skillet, and then toss it in a 400 oven for 25 minutes.  Poof - practically instant dinner, and super tender!  (Hence the tenderloin).  What I did was blopped some of the cinnamon pear jelly (1/2 cup?) and some grainy dijon mustard (1/4 cup?) in a small pot, heated and stirred until well blended.  As soon as the prok was browned on the outside I glugged in a little leftover white zin wine to deglaze the pan (and give myself a white zin facial), snipped on some freshly picked rosemary (I have it growing in the basement!), poured on the jelly/mustard mix, and into the oven it went.



The pictures are a little dark - but this was some really good stuff!


2 comments:

Dave E. said...

"Blopped?" "Glugged?" James Beard meets Dr. Seuss ...

;-) I'm sure it was delish!

Jeph said...

Ah yes. Maybe you wouldn't know because you don't cook as much as I do, nor have you done the research, but a "blop" is specifically 2 3/4 tablespoons, and a "glug" is 1.3742 cups. I might have been just a hair off on each of my glugs, but I don't think it was so much that Julie Child was spinning in her grave.

;-)