Monday, December 08, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

The guys were going to be coming over Saturday nite for our annual holiday get together this year (I'll post those pics soon!), and while we'd had the tree up and most of the other decorating done earlier in the week, the tree wasn't decorated yet. So Friday nite, after getting back from errands, I had to get the tree done...


Sometimes it's nice to have some help with this sort of project...


...and sometimes those who WANT to help really AREN'T!


And sometimes those who're in the room but not doing the actual decorating throw out some odd suggestions, which get even more odd responses (don't ask - I don't even remember at this point!)


Saw these mugs at WalMart and couldn't resist. I MUST drink hot chocolate out of one of them - SOON!


I'm sure Martha would be proud with what I pulled out of my ass for a centerpiece mere minutes before the guys showed up - NOT! (I DO have to say I'm glad I'm growing holly bushes - for this time of year if no other reason!)


Are you all feeling ready for the holidays - or overwhelmed?

1 comment:

Peter said...

With Conrad home, we're not so overwhelmed. We got a lot done this weekend, and while there's still a lot to do (I have to cram in some cookie baking tomorrow night and Wednesday night because tonight and Thursday are busy with other things, and Friday we head to the UP), I feel like it's pretty manageable and should be fun.

Nice tree!