Saturday, January 10, 2009

The storm

So yesterday I posted pics BEFORE the storm really hit - they were taken right about 4pm. And last nite I used the snow blower on the driveway, walk, and neighbor's driveway just as Brett was getting home - there was really only an inch or so of snow at that time...

Here's what things look like at 9am this morning...







So, yup, we definitely got more snow. I'd guess there's 4-6 inches out there by now?? I don't think it seems to bother these guys too much...


That junco pretty much disappears into the background, while this little gold finch shines brightly with the lemon-lime feathers remaining under his beak.


Here's what the weather map's looking like - so I'm guessing we're still gonna get a bit more snow before the show's over.


The winter storm warning isn't set to expire until 1am tomorrow morning, and they're saying area's could see up to 10 inches. Yay! Hm...maybe I should get some cross-country skiis so I can get around the neighborhood a little more easy!? ;-)

No comments: