Saturday, March 23, 2013

Annnnd done!

Stayed up late to finish Sharon's mitts last night, which included a twenty minute soak, gentle squeezing out of the water, and then shaping so they dry right.

The pattern is Vancouver Fog on Ravelry.

The yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage in the Black Velvet colorway.

Sharon picked this pattern out because she liked the longer length in the pictures, and ithink they'll look great on her both outside in the winter, or as she mentioned, in her child office at work. She picked the color based on clothes she'd most likely wear to work I believe. I could see guys wearing this same pattern on a cold snowy day, but maybe in a solid dark mossy green, rusty red, our solid dark gray-and maybe a yarn that's a little less refined looking. I'm learning that's something near about knitting-some patterns can be made to look more feminine or masculine based on yarn texture and color choice.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks good. Just never saw any that long1

Jeph said...

I SHOULD point out that they look SUPER long in this picture - like they'd go back to the elbows maybe! But it's also a little misleading since they're EXTREMELY narrow at this point - I think that's partly because they'd just been rinsed/blocked, and partly because they haven't been warn/stretched at all. Note where the thumb sits on them - the top of them go to about my first knuckles on my fingers, and they run only partway down my forearm (but definitely past the wrist).

anne marie in philly said...

darling, they're FABULOUS! :)

so proud of you!